Caution: picture and text heavy 🙂
I’ve been tagged!
Yay! I have been blog tagged by the blogger Miss Natasha Sparks … Oh boy this is going to take a bit… 🙂
So here are the Blog Tag Rules:
THE RULES OF THE “TAG” BLOG:
1) You must post 11 things about yourself on your blog.
2) You must answer the questions that the tagger has set for you as well as create a new set of eleven questions for those who you tag to answer.
3) Choose eleven people and link them in your tag.
4) Go to their page and tell them!
5) No tag backs.
6) You legit have to tag
Alright, so 11 things about myself… Sorry Natalie I am stealing a lot of your topics for this.. I don’t know what else to talk about, i have never been asked on the spot like this for 11 things about myself. haha! 🙂
1. I am 25, and the oldest of three. I have an awesome younger brother Anthony, (I cannot believe) he will be 21 in July, and a beautiful sister Marissa, 19 in May.
2. I am married. 8 years this July. If you do the math, I was married at 17! My future fiance at the time, Don was in the army, and with us being so in love, and with his impending second tour to Iraq, we couldn’t wait. We made it official on July 26, 2004 in Killeen, TX (where we were stationed at the time). Exactly 5 years later Sunday, July 26, 2009, now back home safe, we renewed our vows with our closest family and friends as witnesses, and had the party we never got the first time. 🙂 he truly is my other half, the piece that makes me whole, I don’t know what I’d do without him.
3. As you may know from some of my posts, or my “About Me”, I have two four-legged children Tempest (f) and Blizzard (m)
4. I love Nail polish and make up. I have learned so many make up tips from my fellow, wonderful bloggers, and my awesome friend Monique! (Professional Make Up artist with London Training!!) 🙂 I still could use a lot of work but I love doing it. I have quite a bit of make up and nail polish, Just see my “Nail Polish addiction” Post. 😉
5. My real name is Amanda Shiko, Mae is a family nick name, from my husbands’ side, other nicknames include Lucy, as I can be very Lucile Ball from “I Love Lucy” sometimes. 🙂 plus I love her. As well as Alice as in Alice in Wonderland, my husband calls me this mostly.
6. I DVR a lot of TV shows, some of my favorites are, True Blood, One Tree Hill (don’t judge, I have been watching from the beginning its been a big part of my growing up years lol), Vampire Diaries, Army Wives, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Greys Anatomy, and Private Practice.
7. The music I listen to varies, it’s mostly rock! In some way shape or form, whether it be grunge, classic rock, emo, alternative, etc. I listen to some Pop more from 2000’s growing up, not as much from today’s Pop world. Some of my favorite bands range from Mumford and Sons, Blink 182, Linkin Park, 30 Second to Mars, The Doors, just to name a few.
8. Places I have been include Maryland, New York, Virginia, Florida, Puerto Rico, North and South Carolina, and we lived in Texas; I also visited a close army wife and her husband at the time when they got transferred from TX in Hawaii.
9. Some of my favorite movies include anything Tim Burton, Beetlejuice, Nightmare Before Christmas, Big Fish, Old School, Super Troopers, Alice in Wonderland, Most Zombie and / or Vampire Movies.
10. I work as a collector for a living, don’t worry not a personal bill collector, or a medical bill collector. I collect from Companies that have unpaid bills for lease payments with the company that I work for.
11. My dream job was to either do nails or hair. My mom actually years ago went to school for her nail license and did it on the side. I love doing hair and up-dos. Unfortunately schooling was a bit out of my price range while living off of Military pay, and then that dream just kind of fell through as I know it will never pay what I would want it to. 😦 I still love doing it on the side for friends for special occasions, and as you can tell by my blog, still love doing nails! 🙂
Now Here are the questions I have to answer:
1. What is your best childhood memory? I don’t know that i have just one specific.. What is coming to mind at the current moment is sleeping over at my grandparents house. My grandfather is no longer with us so of course those memories I cherish the most. I remember not really knowing what he did for a living just that it was something to do with computers and I always remember thinking he was the smartest man alive. I remember sitting there watching my Grandmother cross stitch and I thought she was so crafty and talented, and had so much patience; she has done some of the nicest most elaborate pieces I have ever seen! I miss lying there before bed and hearing the clicking of the grandfather clock.
2. Why did you start blogging? My friends and I are always looking up blogs or YouTube videos for ideas on nails etc, so why not me, why can’t I have my own blog that people can search to find ideas from. I really wanted to share my ideas, views, finds on beauty with the world. So I just went for it, and I enjoy it so much! I am so grateful for the wonderful feedback and awesome followers I have gotten so far 🙂
3. What is the best compliment anyone has given you? That they thought I was kind or had beautiful eyes (I don’t really know about this question, can’t think of the best one right now) What was the worst thing anyone said to you? I have struggled the past few years or so with my weight. I love me my “bad” foods. LoL I will lose weight if I decide that is what I “need” to be happy, or to be healthy, im not obese…I am happy and I love myself. I Just don’t like it when other people judge me before they even get to know me based upon my “extra love” ❤ ( wow we are getting deeper here, okay moving on!)
4. If a make-up collection were named after you, what brand would make it, what would the collection be called, and what would the story behind the collection be? It would be called m.a.e. let’s keep it simple. I would have to say that the story behind the collection would have to be my story (which is too long to tell here) where I came from and who helped me get to that point. The collection would include all of those people who supported me along the way and helped me get to that point that I had my own collection. For example, my mom loves purples so the make up line would include some fierce purple pallets, and some of the most beautiful purple polishes, the names of each color would be cute and witty, of course, I just can’t think of any right now. My mother in law loves animals so the collection based on her would include beautiful and bold jungle colors, and different colors pertaining to specific animals in some way! Like browns, tans, silvers, some oranges and greens, you get the idea 🙂
5. If you had to choose between having your nails one color for the rest of your life, what color would it be? A Shade of Pink. Pink is my favorite color, and even in my old age I will love to be rockin’ the pink nails, can’t go wrong there 🙂
6. Do you take vitamins for your hair, skin, and nails? If so do you see a difference? I take Vitamins on a daily, or I should say weekly basis because I am not very good at remembering to take them. I take a one a day because I am not a huge fan of Red meat, so I am Vitamin B deficient. I also take a B Supplement. I also have been using the Cuticle Oil I got from Julep. I would say I definitely notice a difference when I use that, the “scars” from me biting my nails and cuticles for so many years seem less apparent.
7. What type of shoes do you wear all summer long? I wear heels, or high heel sandals. I work in an office or I would love to wear flip-flops every day.
8. Are you more likely to buy things on sale, or are you willing to splurge? It depends… I have ADD… so, I try to wait for a sale, but if it is something I really, really, want I may splurge here and there.
9. If you had to choose between having a mullet for a month, or no lashes and eyebrows (not even fake ones!) for a month which one would you choose? mullet. although I would not like either! If we are really technical into this, it would take too long for your eyebrows and eyelashes to grow back, where-as I could just cut the “party” off and have my hair short for a while till it grew in, I would be better with that.
10. Where is the best place you’ve ever travelled to? Why wonderland of course!
11. Do you collect anything? Nail Polish! I also love to “collect” Cameo Jewelry. I think they are beautiful, I love finding different styles, colors. Plus it makes me feel royal somehow when I wear them. lol
Whew, alright so for the people I tag:
And finally for the 11 people I tag:
and last but certainly not least, even though this is technically 12 because of “Two Lacquered Girls” 😛
And for the questions you have to answer:
1. What is the best gift you have ever received? This could be interpreted either way, a lesson or experience, or an item / actual “gift”
2. If you could have dinner with one celebrity, dead or alive, with whom would it be, what would you dine on, and what would you talk about?
3. If you had your own clothing line, what would it be called, who would it be catered to, and what would be a few of the main colors included in the line?
4. What is your favorite product that you just could not live without, and why?
5. If you could eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
6. When and why did you first start blogging?
7. What is your favorite make up brand, nail polish brand, and clothing?
8. Who is your favorite storybook character and why?
Alright, i will make the last few a little easier I know by now this has taken a lot of thinking and typing by now 🙂 but I had fun and I hope you do, as well as reading others.
9. What is your dream job?
10. What is one thing you have always wanted to do? (Ex. Bungee jump)
11. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
You certainly don’t have to do this, but if you’ve been tagged, have fun with it 🙂
+ Click on any picture to Enlarge +
* ~ * As Always, Thanks for Stopping by, Don’t forget to leave some love * ~ *