Hello to anyone that reads this anymore… lol I am sorry.. I suck I only barely post twice a month it’s bad, but my life is hectic, not that anyone else’s isn’t… trust me I know.
To fill you all in as I think I sort of touched on, my husband’s brother(my brother-in-law), his fiancé (my future sister-in-law), and their two children moved back to NJ from AZ and are living with us for a while until they get on their feet. I took off a couple of days from work to help them move in and things are going well I think we got our schedule going with everyone in the house now… oh and did I mention in case you don’t know we also have 3 horses… not really horses lol but three large dogs 😉 lol. So with preparing for them to come and getting settled and all it’s been hard for me to paint, or blog but I am trying to come back 😉 I love my blog I love painting my nails it’s so relaxing as most of you know, it’s just finding the time which I am going to make sure that I do 🙂 Plus Ashley and I were doing our nails together a couple of times already so I’m getting her hooked hehe
#TheLacquerRing is also trying to come up with another segment twice a month like this for anyone that wants to collab like Stamping Saturdays for untrieds and such so keep an eye out for that 😉
Before I begin with the actual TLR post for this week, I want to first welcome our two newest exclusive members! Rei and Shelby Lou! Welcome Ladies to The Lacquer Ring!!
For this post, it was turquoise shimmer, I have always really wanted to try the turquoise gem nails, so why not… UGG! So for those of you that have tried it and did well, you suck. Those of you that don’t know I will explain… So it’s sort of like water marbling.
- You paint your nails the base coat in this case mine was China Glaze’s Too Yacht to Handle.
- Once dry, you can stamp a gold and/or a white a little bit as most turquoise has those hints. I used OPI’s Love.Angel.Music.Baby and China Glaze’s Dandy Lyin’ Around.
- Again once dry you drip a couple of drops or only one of black into water I usedIllamasqua’sBoosh. Once it separates and is a big circle, again like water marbling but without the bullseye you lightly spray hairspray or alcohol on to it.
- From there the black will separate and make a watermarbly or a turquoise design.
- You dip one finger at a time in the water (unless you’re pro- I’m totally not) and while under take a pin or a toothpick and swirl it around in the top layer of the water to get the excess polish at the surface
- Oh and before I forget in case you didn’t already knowing from water marbling TAPE, TAPE, TAPE, or latex. Just like water marbling this is MESSY, MESSY!
- Once done you can sponge a little bit of the goldish and/or white again if you’d like
- Top Coat and done (Oh and since this was turquoise shimmer I also did a coat of Enchanted Polish’s Ice Castle overtop for some extra shimmer)
With that being said I don’t know what I expected for my ‘first time’ but it wasn’t this… lol I like how it came out but it’s not as turquoise gem as I’d hope.
So what do you think of this? Have you tried this look and how did you make out?
Don’t forget to check out all the other girls posts for TLR and make sure you welcome our newest members! 😉