Are you kidding me right now with this crappy NJ weather….. So last week was the first day of Spring, and now today it’s snowing??? Does that make much sense to you? The news this morning said that we should be in the 50’s about now, and It’s snowing… ugg! When I say snowing, I mean it… These snowflakes are huge! and coming down fast!
So today’s nails are perfect for the occasion, I did a needle dragging Spring mani. It was supposed to be needle dragging since Winter is dragging its feet on its way out, and Spring colors, well because I just simply want it to be here. Now the mani is even more perfect because it just proves my point even more.
The colors I used for this mani were: My Base coat of “OPI – Nail Envy”, the green is “Essie – Turquoise & Caicos”, the blue is “Bikini so Teeny” and then “Ulta – Snow White”
- After my base coat was fully dry, I painted one strip of polish on each nail. Some nails I did two split colors, and my middle, I did all three. For some thinner colors (the green in this case) needed a second coat before I did the effect.
- Once dry, I started each nail one by one. I painted a thicker white coat, and quickly beside it a thicker blue coat, while still wet, took my needle and slowly dragged back and forth until desired look was achieved.
- Follow last step for all nails using which ever colors you chose for each nail.
- Finally, for the top coat. I used “OPI – Nail Envy” *With this look be sure that your polish is as dry as it can be, I used Seche on one of the nails and ended up redoing it all together as it was still kind of wet and didn’t look right. Unfortunately, once I put the Seche topper on, it made the effect look like it hadn’t happened. 😦 When I re-did, I switched to the OPI toppper and made sure all were pretty dry!
+ Click on any picture to Enlarge +
* ~ * As Always, Thanks for Stopping by, Don’t forget to leave some love * ~ *